1/1 Photo of Red Capsicum Marmalade
I found this on a New Zealand site. Sounded interesting so I've posted it to share. Quantity is only a guess as I haven't made this myself yet, but I do intend to soon. Please remember that this is a preserve. The marmalade needs to sit for at least 6 weeks before you try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large red capsicums
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1Grill the red capsicum under a searing hot heat until they blacken.
- 2Halve, remove the seeds and core.
- 3Chop 6 capsicums finely and cut the remaining 2 into fine julienne slices.
- 4Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Bring to the boil then reduce to a gently simmer.
- 6Cook 10 minutes until the mixture is thick and the consistency of jam.
- 7Bottle into hot sterilised jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Capsicum Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (2178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 118.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
oranges, zest of