Cook2 hrs 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat and cook the shanks, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned, set aside.
- Add the leeks, onion, garlic, thyme and oregano to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then add the wine and stock and bring to the boil and then return the shanks and cover with aluminium foil or tight fitting lid.
- Place in the oven and roast for 2 1/2 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- Serve with polenta or mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- TO FREEZE - shred meat of the bone and divide the meat and sauce into 4 portions and place in zip-lock bags or airtight containers and freeze for up to 3 months. TO DEFROST - place in the refrigerator overnight and allow to thaw completely.