1/4 Photos of Red Wine and Herb Lamb Shanks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat and cook the shanks, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned, set aside.
- 3Add the leeks, onion, garlic, thyme and oregano to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then add the wine and stock and bring to the boil and then return the shanks and cover with aluminium foil or tight fitting lid.
- 5Place in the oven and roast for 2 1/2 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- 6Serve with polenta or mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- 7TO FREEZE - shred meat of the bone and divide the meat and sauce into 4 portions and place in zip-lock bags or airtight containers and freeze for up to 3 months. TO DEFROST - place in the refrigerator overnight and allow to thaw completely.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine and Herb Lamb Shanks
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.9
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 225.0 mg
- Sodium 616.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 68.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: