Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You all know how to make bolognese, but mine does have a great twist. I marinate it overnight in wine so it's really succulent and very tender.
- 250 g minced beef
- 250 g ground lamb
- 75 ml italian red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 450 g dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Place all the minced meat in a bowl and stir in the red wine, oregano and some salt and pepper. Cover with cling wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened and golden. Add the mince and any wine left in the bottom of the bowl with the tomatoes, chilli, puree and some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and bubble fairly rapidly for 15 minutes until you have a rich, dark sauce.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water until tender. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Stir the parsley through the sauce and check the seasoning. Add to the pan of spaghetti and miz through. Divide between bowls and serve with freshly grated parmesan and a few glasses of chianti.