We've been catching plenty of yabbies for the past few days and this is a recipe I came up with to use some of them. I started the sauce, then let it simmer while I cooked spiral pasta for the two of us. This sauce was really good as it didn't overpower the delicate sweetness of the yabbies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup wine
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder (or a cube)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 400 g raw crawfish meat (yabby)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic gently until softened-about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the tomato paste and stir for about 30 seconds, then add the wine and cook about a minute more.
- 3Add the cream, water, stock powder, basil and black pepper.
- 4Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the yabby meat and sundried tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes-or until yabbies are just cooked through.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir through the parmesan cheese and chives.
- 7Serve over pasta with extra parmesan if you like.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Redclaw Yabby (Crawfish) Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 284.6 mg
- Sodium 703.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 39.5 g