Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a mish-mash of a few different casserole recipes I found on zaar. I couldn't find one to fit what I had on hand so I created this little number! It's an easy recipe that is open to interpretation: take or leave or add what vegetables you like :) I found this is great with some ricotta cheese thrown in on step 5 too. Here in Australia we have 95g cans of tuna with different flavours, such as chili, satay & in this case tomato & onion. They really come in handy when throwing recipe ideas around, but to make it vegan, all you have to do is leave out the tuna. Easy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili, crushed
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 small broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 100 g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 6 -8 mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (95 g) can tuna with tomato and onion
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook onion, garlic, chili & capsicum in a little oil in a frying pan until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomato & some herbs of your choosing (I used basil, parsley, oregano & rosemary) and stir thoroughly to heat through.
- Put this mixture in your crock-pot/casserole dish along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a splash or two of balsamic vinegar, a tiny bit of water (maybe 60ml) & give it another good stir.
- Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potato with the skins left on. YUM!