Julie Stafford's wonderful muffin recipes revolutionised my baking. She introduced me to apple juice concentrate, which contains only 66% sugar and lots of vitamins, minerals and fibre not found in other sweeteners. You can make your own by boiling down pure apple juice to a syrup-like reduction, but good health food stores should have it. This is my absolute favourite muffin, moist and full of flavour....thanks, Julie!
- Preheat oven to 180c (350F).
- Lightly grease muffin tray or line with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flours and spices together in a large bowl.
- Add the rhubarb and ginger.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then beat in the oil, followed by the apple juice concentrate or honey and the milk.
- Add the liquid mix to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove muffins from tray immediately and cool on wire rack, covered with tea towel.