Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious individual cheesecakes made in a muffin pan. I found this recipe in the April 2008 issue of the Australian 'Good Taste' magazine. This recipe can be made ahead to the end of step 4 up to a day ahead. If you've not used Greek yoghurt before, DO try it: it's amazingly, creamily delicious! And when it comes to yoghurt, I just cannot eat low-fat or reduced fat varieties. There's just NO comparison between their watery flavourlessness and Greek yoghurt. The stated cooking time of 20 minutes does not include the cooling and 11/2 hours chilling time.
- 125 g plain sweet biscuits, suitable for cheesecake bases (Arnott's Granita biscuits for Australians)
- 60 g butter, melted
- 200 g fresh ricotta, low fat is fine (I've always found that it makes no appreciable difference to the taste)
- 60 ml honey (1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 90 g Greek yogurt (1/3 cup) or 90 g natural yoghurt (1/3 cup)
- 85 g mascarpone (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 45 g pine nuts (1/4 cup)
- cinnamon sugar, to dust
- Line 6 150ml-capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until they are finely crushed; add the butter and continue to process until both ingredients are well-combined; divide the biscuit mixture between the six cases and use the base of a glass or the back of a spoon to press the biscuit mixture firmly over the bases of the muffin pan recesses; place the muffin pan in the refridgerator for 30 minutes to chill and clean the food processor bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C; place the ricotta and honey in the food processor and process until smooth; add the eggs, one at a time, processing after each egg has been added until all the ingredients are well-combined; add the yoghurt, marscarpone and cinnamon and continue to process until all the ingredients have been well-combined; transfer the ingredients to a jug.
- Carefully pour the ricotta mixture among the cases; sprinkle with the pine nuts; bake for 20 minutes or until firm; set aside in the muffin pan to cool and then place in the refrigerator for one hour to chill.
- Dust the mini ricotta & pine nut cheesecakes with cinnamon sugar and serve.