This is a sweet cheese loaf topped with a glazed berries. Use berries of choice. Jam is of choice as well. If you have those new colorful silicone loaf pans that would be easy to use.
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 vanilla beans or 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh berries
- 1⁄3 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- icing sugar (confectioners)
- Day before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta and the eggs. Split the vanilla bean and scrape in the seeds and cinnamon.
- Sift in the icing sugar and mix in thoroughly.
- Spray a loaf pan and place parchment paper in pan.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the loaf pan and cover with aluminum kitchen foil.
- Place the pan into a slightly larger baking pan. Carefully place the baking pan in the oven. Then pour in enough boiling water to come about half-way up the side of the loaf pan.
- Bake the ricotta for 45-60 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove the loaf pan from the water bath and remove the foil. Let the ricotta cool, then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When it is thoroughly cold you can turn it out of the pan remove parchment paper and slice, arrange ricotta slices on a plate.
- While bringing to room temperature.
- Make the Glazed berries:.Unless you want the glaze chilled make from a couple hours to the day before.
- Cook all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring until jam melts. Makes about 2 cups.
- Spoon glazed berries over sliced cheese loaf and dust with powdered sugar.
This is a great recipe, I did half glazed berries and half peaches from another recipe just to change it up a bit and it was great. A good dessert for summer. Thanks again!