1/1 Photo of Ricotta Baked With Glazed Berries
This is a sweet cheese loaf topped with a glazed berries. Use berries of choice. Jam is of choice as well. If you have those new colorful silicone loaf pans that would be easy to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 vanilla beans or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh berries
- 1/3 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1Day before serving.
- 2Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta and the eggs. Split the vanilla bean and scrape in the seeds and cinnamon.
- 4Sift in the icing sugar and mix in thoroughly.
- 5Spray a loaf pan and place parchment paper in pan.
- 6Spoon the ricotta mixture into the loaf pan and cover with aluminum kitchen foil.
- 7Place the pan into a slightly larger baking pan. Carefully place the baking pan in the oven. Then pour in enough boiling water to come about half-way up the side of the loaf pan.
- 8Bake the ricotta for 45-60 minutes, or until firm.
- 9Remove the loaf pan from the water bath and remove the foil. Let the ricotta cool, then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When it is thoroughly cold you can turn it out of the pan remove parchment paper and slice, arrange ricotta slices on a plate.
- 10While bringing to room temperature.
- 11Make the Glazed berries:.Unless you want the glaze chilled make from a couple hours to the day before.
- 12Cook all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring until jam melts. Makes about 2 cups.
- 13Spoon glazed berries over sliced cheese loaf and dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Baked With Glazed Berries
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: