1/1 Photo of Ricotta Hotcakes With Honeycomb Butter
A great breakfast treat courtesy of Bill Grainger. Not essential to use the honeycomb butter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the honeycomb butter-put ingredients in a processor and blend until smooth. Shape into a log on cling film, seal and chill for a couple of hours.
- 2Mix ricotta, milk and yolks in large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- 3Beat the egg whites until in stiff peaks. Fold through the ricotta batter in two batches with a metal spoon (this can now be stored for up to 24 hours).
- 4Lightly grease a large non stick frying pan with butter and drop 2 tbsp batter per hotcake into the pan (don't cook more than 3 per batch).
- 5Cook over a med-low heat for 2 minutes or until cakes have golden undersides. Turn and cook until golden.
- 6To serve, stack 3 hotcakes, top with strawberries and a slice of honeycomb butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Hotcakes With Honeycomb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.9
- Calories from Fat 707
- Total Fat 78.6 g
- Saturated Fat 48.2 g
- Cholesterol 396.9 mg
- Sodium 391.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-coated honeycomb candy