A great breakfast treat courtesy of Bill Grainger. Not essential to use the honeycomb butter!
Make and share this Ricotta Hotcakes With Honeycomb Butter recipe from Food.com.
- For the honeycomb butter-put ingredients in a processor and blend until smooth. Shape into a log on cling film, seal and chill for a couple of hours.
- Mix ricotta, milk and yolks in large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Beat the egg whites until in stiff peaks. Fold through the ricotta batter in two batches with a metal spoon (this can now be stored for up to 24 hours).
- Lightly grease a large non stick frying pan with butter and drop 2 tbsp batter per hotcake into the pan (don't cook more than 3 per batch).
- Cook over a med-low heat for 2 minutes or until cakes have golden undersides. Turn and cook until golden.
- To serve, stack 3 hotcakes, top with strawberries and a slice of honeycomb butter.