Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've found that food recipes for the masses just didn't suit as in our home, we like a lot more seasoning. However, with a daughter that is vegetarian, I adapted this by just eliminating the chicken. It still is a tasty dish to take to events away. Sometimes it is difficult to buy the very large pasta shells, but I have found them at various fruit & veggie barns. My favourite shell is Conchiglioni 87/b by Divella.
- Preheat oven to 180F (160C) (I use my NuWave Oven for about 45 minutes).
- Par-cook the pasta in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Brush a shallow 8 cup ovenproof baking dish or ramekins, with oil. (or spray).
- Microwave the spinach until just wilted. Then drain and chop finely, squeezing out excess liquid.
- Combine spinach, ricotta and cottage cheese annd spoon or pipe into the pasta shells.
- Combine the pasta sauce and stock and pour into the prepared dish or ramekins. Place the shells on top and scatter pieces of skinless chicken around. Sprinkle grated parmesan over all.
- Bake covered for about 1 hour and scatter torn basil leaves on top to serve.
Very tasty combination of ingredients. I had to modify the recipe somewhat because we need to eat gluten-free. I cannot find GF large pasta to stuff, so I made the whole thing as a casserole. I boiled GF pasta, then combined all of the ingredients (except the pasta sauce). I spread a layer of sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish, added the cheesy filling, then topped it with the rest of the sauce and the parmesan and baked it until hot and bubbly. The arrabiata sauce is a nice counterpoint to the creamy filling. This dish will be making a return visit to our dinner table.