Curtis Stone's Dinner for Four Under $10.00 - the Aussie host of TLC'S "The Take Home Chef" serves up a hearty Italian dish. It is a tasty family favorite from his complete seven-day meal. "Cooking should be chilled out" says Stone (at home in Malibu)." There shouldn't be too many rules. I found this in People Magazine, 08/10/2009 & featuured on Oprah.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive
- 1/4 cup extra-fine capers
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces spicy salami (Sopressa Vicentina)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Place the tomatoes on a small baking sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of oil.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast the tomatoes in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until they begin to split.
- 5Remove from oven and set aside.
- 6Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium heat.
- 7Add the salami and cook for 30 seconds on each side until light golden in color.
- 8Remove the salami from the pan and reserve.
- 9Return the pan to the heat, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until tender.
- 10Add the wine and simmer for about 3 minutes, or until reduced by about half.
- 11Add the roasted tomatoes, olives and capers to the hot pan and toss gently.
- 12Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the salami and parsley.
- 13Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- 14Strain the pasta and toss it in the pan with the sauce.
- 15Season the pasta to taste with salt and pepper.
- 16Transfer the pasta to plates, spooning any salami and tomato mixture from the pan around the pasta, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni/Spicy Italian Salami/Roasted Tomatoes/Olives/Capers
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 993.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.4 g