1/1 Photo of Riki’s Smoked Fish Chowder
1 hr 10 mins
a wonderful fish soup, make it thin as an entree, make it thick and serve with bread as a main meal. from my mate Kaylene. I use this as a base for seafood crepes, GREAT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all the veggies in a large stock pot.
- 2Cover with water; add a tablespoon stock powder. (Or use fish or chicken stock).
- 3Simmer until soft.
- 4Place 2 large smoked cod, or haddock fillets, skin side up, on top of the vegies and simmer about 15 minutes.
- 5In a frypan, make up a thick white sauce using ABOUT 3 tablespoons butter and flour, and 2 cups milk.
- 6Add one teaspoon mustard, (I like seeded mustard).
- 7One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 8One cup tasty cheese.
- 9And fresh black pepper to taste.
- 10Stir the soup to break up the fish, and add the cheese sauce, stir to combine.
- 11Opt; I like to add about a cup of chopped peeled green prawns when I add the cheese sauce.
- 12You can add any other vegetables that you have on hand; this is just the BASIC recipe.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riki’s Smoked Fish Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 338.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.1 g