a wonderful fish soup, make it thin as an entree, make it thick and serve with bread as a main meal. from my mate Kaylene. I use this as a base for seafood crepes, GREAT
- Put all the veggies in a large stock pot.
- Cover with water; add a tablespoon stock powder. (Or use fish or chicken stock).
- Simmer until soft.
- Place 2 large smoked cod, or haddock fillets, skin side up, on top of the vegies and simmer about 15 minutes.
- In a frypan, make up a thick white sauce using ABOUT 3 tablespoons butter and flour, and 2 cups milk.
- Add one teaspoon mustard, (I like seeded mustard).
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- One cup tasty cheese.
- And fresh black pepper to taste.
- Stir the soup to break up the fish, and add the cheese sauce, stir to combine.
- Opt; I like to add about a cup of chopped peeled green prawns when I add the cheese sauce.
- You can add any other vegetables that you have on hand; this is just the BASIC recipe.