1/1 Photo of Risotto With Pumpkin
I bought myself heaps of quite old Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazines at a thrift shop. I haven’t made these recipes, but as I really can’t store the magazines in our caravan I’m posting the ones that interest me. This recipe is from March 1994.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan; reduce heat and simmer covered while making the risotto.
- 2Cook the pancetta in a heavy based saucepan until the fat starts to melt, add the onion and cook over a medium heat until soft. Add the pumpkin and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the rice and stir to coat well in the pancetta fat and heat through.
- 4Add a ladleful of simmering stock and stir over a low to medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Add the remaining simmering stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of stock to be absorbed before adding the next.
- 7The rice should be creamy, with a bit of a bite (al dente).
- 8Stir in the butter, parsley and parmesan, remove from heat and cover. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 624.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: