1/1 Photo of Risotto With Red Wine and Sausages
This recipe comes from Australian food writer Jill Dupleix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the skin off the sausages, and pinch the meat into a non-stick frying pan. Fry meat until crusty and golden, then drain off the oil, and set the meat aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil and half the butter in a pan. Fry the onion gently until softened but not brown. Add the rice, and using a wooden spoon, toss well until the rice is coated in the buttery onions. Pour in red wine and bring to a boil, stirring.
- 3Add a ladle full of the hot stock to the rice. Stir carefully over medium heat until the stock has been absorbed. Continue to add the stock a ladle full at a time. This should take about 20 minutes.
- 4Add the sausage meat, and stir for another 10 minutes until the rice is cooked but not soft.
- 5Turn off the heat and add the Parmesan, remaining butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir through. Cover and leave to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Red Wine and Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.9
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 1428.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g