1/1 Photo of Rissoles
This is an old classic Aussie meal. When I was growing up, we always had Rissoles and onion gravy at last once a week. Give it a try and let me if you like this old favourite. Cook time does not allow for cooking the gravy or the vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs mincemeat (ground beef)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion (chopped finely)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (you may need more)
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (or fresh mixed herbs such as sage, parsley, thyme or what ever you have in the garden)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons plain flour, for dusting the rissoles
- 2 tablespoons oil, the rissoles (for frying, you may need more oil. I use as little as possible)
- 1Mix all the ingredients together (except oil), this is best done with your hands.
- 2Shape into 4 or 6 round balls and dust with the flour.
- 3Heat the oil on high in a heavy based frying pan until the oil is very hot.
- 4Place the Rissoles in the hot oil.
- 5Don't over crowd your pan.
- 6Make sure the Rissoles do not burn.
- 7Turn the rissoles over when one side is browned and slightly crispy (make sure they don't burn).
- 8Cook the other side the same way, turn the heat down to medium and cook through.
- 9Depending on the thickness of the pan and the size of the rissoles, it may take about 3-4 minutes to cook the Rissoles on each side.
- 10Do not over cook the Rissoles.
- 11The cooking time would be similar to cooking American hamburgers.
- 12Serve with brown meat gravy and mashed potatoes with minted peas.
Nutritional Facts for Rissoles
Serving Size: 1 (1377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 455.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 184.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 114.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: