A friend gave me this recipe years ago. I'm not sure where it orginally came from. The Australian rissole is generally made from minced meat and pan fried, without a pastry covering, but sometimes with breadcrumbs. This recipe is suitable to freeze and for OAMC. Thanks to Tish I have added the directions.
- Mix rissole ingredients together, using 1 1/2 T soup mix.
- Form patties and cook rissoles in pan.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Put water and remaining soup mix in pan to remove sediment from pan.
- Add sherry.
- Simmer until thick.
- Add sour cream.
- To Freeze: Form and flash freeze uncooked patties. Label and put in a ziploc bag.
- To cook: Thaw and continue on with the recipe as written.