This is the easiest recipe ever....and I dont cook roast beef any other way because no matter what, you end up with a wonderfully moist roast every time. Oh yeah and there is no oven mess to clean up afterwoods.
- 1 bolar roast
- 1 (45 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 1 oven cooking bag
- Place dry soup min in bag and shake.
- Put beef in bag and roll around to coat.
- Seal bag (do not pierce)and place in moderate oven.
- Cooking time will depend on how you like your beef cooked.
- I like mine well done -- dont worry it will be moist and flavoursome.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove meat from bag, reserve juices to make the worlds best gravy!
- note: This recipe is best for a bolar roast. Topside etc. is a bit too lean and wont turn out as tender.
This is not only the easiest roast but the best I've EVER made! I too threw in potatoes and baby carrots - on top of the Lipton Onion Soup Mix I diced some vidalia onion for extra flavor and added that wonderful 1/2 cup of red cooking wine - it made it even more juicy! My family loved it and the sandwiches the next day were just as good.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #32* Took this lovely simple recipe and added all but the kitchen sink ! Had a few potatoes and onions handy, and found some baby carrots in the frig drawer, tossed about 1/2 red wine over, and topped with the onion soup mix ! It was a One Bag very flavorful meal, with effortless cleanup ! Thanks for posting, Annie !
It doesn't get any easier than this. Very good roast recipe. I couldn't find a bolar roast at the market, so the man in the meat department showed me a roast that would be comparable. I made this in a cooking bag in my crock pot. The roast turned out very tender and the gravy that I made from the drippings was very good. I can't wait to have roast beef sandwiches tomorrow for lunch. Thanks for sharing such an easy and tasty recipe, Stardustannie.