Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
High in fibre, low in cholesterol, this salad is great for barbeques, picnics or lunch boxes. It is vegan & diabetic friendly. Recipe courtesy of Sanitarium foods.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place capsicums and garlic on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic and cook capsicums for a further 10 minutes until skin blisters and blackens. Then remove and leave to sit for five minutes.
- Place rice, chickpeas, corn, parsley and basil in a large bowl.
- Remove skin and seeds from capsicums, dice, add to rice mixture and mix well.
- Remove skin from garlic and chop well.
- Place in a jar and add the oil, vinegar and sugar, screw on the lid and shake well.
- Pour over rice salad and mix well.