Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
High in fibre, low in cholesterol, this salad is great for barbeques, picnics or lunch boxes. It is vegan & diabetic friendly. Recipe courtesy of Sanitarium foods.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place capsicums and garlic on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic and cook capsicums for a further 10 minutes until skin blisters and blackens. Then remove and leave to sit for five minutes.
- Place rice, chickpeas, corn, parsley and basil in a large bowl.
- Remove skin and seeds from capsicums, dice, add to rice mixture and mix well.
- Remove skin from garlic and chop well.
- Place in a jar and add the oil, vinegar and sugar, screw on the lid and shake well.
- Pour over rice salad and mix well.