Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
High in fibre, low in cholesterol, this salad is great for barbeques, picnics or lunch boxes. It is vegan & diabetic friendly. Recipe courtesy of Sanitarium foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- 2Place capsicums and garlic on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- 3Remove garlic and cook capsicums for a further 10 minutes until skin blisters and blackens. Then remove and leave to sit for five minutes.
- 4Place rice, chickpeas, corn, parsley and basil in a large bowl.
- 5Remove skin and seeds from capsicums, dice, add to rice mixture and mix well.
- 6Remove skin from garlic and chop well.
- 7Place in a jar and add the oil, vinegar and sugar, screw on the lid and shake well.
- 8Pour over rice salad and mix well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Capsicum (Pepper) and Chickpea Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macadamia nut oil