1/3 Photos of Roast Guinea Fowl with Brie
Another favourite recipe submitted for a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season fowl inside and out with pepper.
- 2Pre-heat the oven to hot.
- 3Melt the butter in a frying pan until sizzling, and lightly brown the birds on all sides.
- 4Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 5Mash the Brie with a fork, and mix with the lemon juice and marjoram.
- 6Halve the mix and place each half in the cavity of a bird.
- 7Tuck the wings under the birds, but don't close the cavity.
- 8Put the birds in a roasting dish, pour the pan juices over and cover loosely with foil.
- 9Roast in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- 10Remove the dish from the oven and halve the birds, discarding the spinal bones.
- 11Keep the birds warm.
- 12Stir the port into the pan juices, on the top of the stove and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 13Add the cream and stirring constantly, reheat without boiling until the sauce is smoothe and well blended.
- 14Taste and add the salt if necessary.
- 15Spoon the sauce over the birds and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Guinea Fowl with Brie
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: