Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another favourite recipe submitted for a request.
Make and share this Roast Guinea Fowl with Brie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 guinea fowl
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Season fowl inside and out with pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to hot.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan until sizzling, and lightly brown the birds on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mash the Brie with a fork, and mix with the lemon juice and marjoram.
- Halve the mix and place each half in the cavity of a bird.
- Tuck the wings under the birds, but don't close the cavity.
- Put the birds in a roasting dish, pour the pan juices over and cover loosely with foil.
- Roast in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and halve the birds, discarding the spinal bones.
- Keep the birds warm.
- Stir the port into the pan juices, on the top of the stove and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and stirring constantly, reheat without boiling until the sauce is smoothe and well blended.
- Taste and add the salt if necessary.
- Spoon the sauce over the birds and serve at once.