1/3 Photos of Roast Guinea Fowl with Brie
Another favourite recipe submitted for a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season fowl inside and out with pepper.
- 2Pre-heat the oven to hot.
- 3Melt the butter in a frying pan until sizzling, and lightly brown the birds on all sides.
- 4Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 5Mash the Brie with a fork, and mix with the lemon juice and marjoram.
- 6Halve the mix and place each half in the cavity of a bird.
- 7Tuck the wings under the birds, but don't close the cavity.
- 8Put the birds in a roasting dish, pour the pan juices over and cover loosely with foil.
- 9Roast in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- 10Remove the dish from the oven and halve the birds, discarding the spinal bones.
- 11Keep the birds warm.
- 12Stir the port into the pan juices, on the top of the stove and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 13Add the cream and stirring constantly, reheat without boiling until the sauce is smoothe and well blended.
- 14Taste and add the salt if necessary.
- 15Spoon the sauce over the birds and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Guinea Fowl with Brie
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: