1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
The secret to perfect crackling is salt, oil and heat. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade and to make sure that the oil and salt is rubbed well into the scores in the rind. Cook the pork for 20 minutes at high heat before turning down the oven temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
- 2Combine capers, lemon rinf, thyme, parsley and 1 Tbs oil.
- 3Rub all mixture into underside of pork.
- 4Roll up pork and secure with cotton string.
- 5Rub pork rind with the remaining oil and salt, ensuring to rub salt well into the score in the rind.
- 6Place the pork on an elevated rack in a baking dish and into a preheated oven to let the clock do the work.
- 7Cook for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 180 degrees centigrade and cook for a further hour, or to your liking.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- 9There is no need to cover a roast with crackling while it rests.
- 10Serve with roasted vegetables.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork With Lemon and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.1
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 74.2 g