Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great, light, easy entree. I have made it using different cheese (feta) and nuts and oils-whatever I have had on hand!
- olive oil, for greasing
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 120 g goat cheese, cut into 8 even pieces
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, extra
MACADAMIA NUT DRESSING
- 4 teaspoons macadamia nut oil
- 75 g raw macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush a large baking tray with olive oil to grease.
- Divide the asparagus into 8 bundles, and place a slice of goats cheese on each.
- Wrap 1 slice of proscuitto around each bundle to secure the cheese.
- Place on the greased tray, and brush each bundle with some of the extra olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until just tender.
- DRESSING: Meanwhile, heat the macadamia oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the nuts and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until the nuts are golden.
- Remove pan from heat and stir through remaining ingredients.
- Place 2 bundles of asparagus on each serving plate, and spoon the warm dressing over.
- Serve immediately.
This was wonderful, the flavours go so well together. Instructions are easy to follow, presentation was lovely. I served it as a side dish at a BBQ we were having and everyone was most impressed. Thanks JanS
Another fabulous recipe made for us by the chef while we were in Warrnambool. These look and taste fantastic and would be impressive at any dinner party!
I served this is a side with a slice of pork loin for valentine's day dinner. Hubby loved it! And the presentation is perfect for a special dinner!