A light and full bodied salad. I acquired this recipe from the local pub. Note: Fetta or any soft, crumbly cheese can be used instead of the goat cheese, and toasted pecan halves make a nice change from walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 g large spiral shaped pasta
- 400 g red capsicums
- 400 g yellow peppers (2 medium)
- 150 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 35 g good quality walnuts, toasted,chopped coarsely (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- 2Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, quarter capsicum, remove and discard seeds and membranes.
- 4Roast under grill or in oven at 250°C, skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens.
- 5Cover capsicum pieces with plastic or paper for 5 minutes, peel skin away; slice capsicum thinly.
- 6Place pasta and capsicum in large bowl with cheese, walnuts, basil and combined remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.
- 7Serve with fresh crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Capsicum, Goat Cheese and Walnut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.0
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g