Such a delcious way to use fresh nectarines. Served with custard, ice-cream or youghurt. I found this recipe in the paper and this is such a lovely dessert for summer, it would make for a lovely light dessert during the Christmas period, the spices just compliment the nectarines so well. I am also going to try this with plums. I removed the skins after cooking, the skins come off so well, and looks better for presentation.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fanforced 180C).
- Put the nectarines in ovenproof casserole dish so they fit snugly.
- Scatter with the sugar and dot with the butter. Add the wine, spices and orange zest.
- Cover dish with foil and roast nectarines for 30 minutes, until the fruit is soft.
- Cool nectarines in the syrup, (I refrigerated and served cold).
- These can be served on their own or with either yoghurt, ice-cream or custard.