From Australian Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living. A leisurely breakfast or a brunch or light dinner. For gluten free option use gluten free bread. Please note that fan forced ovens generally run 10C to 15C temperature wise lower than conventional ovens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 egg tomatoes (or Roma halved lengthways)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 mushrooms (flat, opened and stems removed)
- 30 g baby rocket (or other young green leaves)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices light rye bread (or gluten free bread)
- 400 ml unsweetened fruit juice (your choice of flavour 200ml per person)
- 1Preheat oven to 150C (fan forced).
- 2Line 2 baking trays with baking/parchment paper and put a rack over one.
- 3Put cut tomatoes halves on the rack, spray with the olive oil cooking spray and roast for 40 minutes (please note that during part of this time you will also cook the mushrooms).
- 4HERBED RICOTTA - put ricotta, lemon zest, parsley, dill and garlic in a small bowl and season with pepper and mix well to combine and put in the fridge until required.
- 5Put the mushrooms, stem side up on the second tray and spray with cooking spray and roast in the oven with the tomato halves for the last 10 minutes of cooking or until mushrooms are tender and tomato halves start to shrivel around the edges.
- 6Divide the mushrooms between 2 plates and spoon equal amounts of the herbed ricotta between the 4 mushroom caps .
- 7Place the tomato halves on the plates.
- 8Toss the rocket leaves (or baby salad leaves) in the balsamic vinegar together and place on the tomato halves.
- 9Serve with the bread (toasted if you like) and your juice of choice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomatoes and Mushrooms With Herbed Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened fruit juice