Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting these for a request. My mum used to make them, but I've never made them-only eaten them! The directions say a "quick oven". I can only guess what THAT means;-) and whilst these are called cakes, they are more like cookies.
- Cream butter and sugar, add the egg and beat well.
- Sift in the flour and spices, add the fruit and begin to add as much milk as you need to make a STIFF dough.
- Divide with a fork, and place small pieces on a greased biscuit tray.
- Bake in a quick oven for 15 minutes.
- *Ican only guess a quick oven would be 200-220c.