Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Actually, they are cornflake cookies!!!! I am posting so I can't lose the recipe, which I cut off of the side of a box of cornflakes.
- 110 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sultanas or 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1 1⁄2 cups crunchy nut corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well until mixture resembles a stiff dough.
- Place heaped teaspoons ( or 1 tablespoon if you want large cookies) of mixture on baking paper lined tray, forming rocky shapes.
- Bake approxamtely 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slightly removing from the tray.
This is a very easy recipe to make.
I followed exactly and using sultana's and these little cakes turned out wonderfully well.
One thing I will do next time is when mixing in the remaining ingredient's (after creaming the butter and sugar together) I will add the cornflakes last, as they did tend to bteak up quite a bit when mixing, and adding at the end they may not break up as much.
Great little cakes djmastermum, not too sweet, crunchy and so very tasty.
This will be a great one for the lunch boxes!