Cook1 hr 40 mins
A rolled pork roast with apricot and prune stuffing. Cooks beautifully. We cooked this recipe for our Christmas dinner. So easy and simple- we had the butcher stuff and re-roll the roast for us!
- Preheat oven to 220°C (430F.).
- Remove the string from the pork roasting piece and lay rind side down on your chopping board. Place the chopped fruits in the centre of the pork and then re-roll and tie tightly with string. Tie at 2cm (1 inch) intervals. We took the chopped fruits to the butcher and had them do this for us.
- Dry the rind with some paper towel. Rub the rind with the oil and then sprinkle over the salt.
- Roast for 30 mins and then reduce the oven to 200C (390F). Bake for a further 1 hour 10 minutes. Test the pork is cooked with a skewer.
- Cover with foil and stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with baked or steamed vegetables and apple sauce.