1/1 Photo of Rosemary Roast Lamb With Herbed Potatoes
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A promotional recipe from Moro Oils.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Rosemary Roasted Lamb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 7/8 kg boneless leg of lamb (up to 2K easy-carve leg at room temperature)
- 4 garlic cloves (cut into slivers)
- 1/2 bunch fresh rosemary (sprigs)
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard (seeded mustard)
- fresh ground salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups white wine (dry)
- 1Rosemary Roast Lamb - Using a small sharp knife, make incisions all over the lamb and insert slivers of garlic.
- 2Combine half the pure olive oil and mustard together to make a paste and use to coat lamb.
- 3Break rosemary into small sprigs and insert int he incisions so they poke out and place in a roasting pan, sprinkle with pepper and pour 1 cup wine into the base of the pan and roast at 200C for 1 1/4 hours, basting occasionally and adding more wine if needed.
- 4Remove lamb and rest on a board covered with foil for 15 minutes before carving.
- 5Meanwhile, deglaze pan with remaining wine and stir in remaining oil and any juices from carved lamb, season and serve over lamb slices.
- 6Herbed Potatoes - Cut potatoes into large chunks and bring to the boil in a saucepan of salted water and cook for 10 minutes or until just starting to become tender and drain an allow to dry.
- 7Scrape the potatoes with a fork to rough up the surface.
- 8Heat the olive oil in a roasting pan at 200C then toss in the potatoes ensuring they are well coated and season with salt and roast for 40 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until crisp and golden and sprinkle with herbs just prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Roast Lamb With Herbed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.8
- Calories from Fat 807
- Total Fat 89.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 216.0 mg
- Sodium 240.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 57.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: