Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This recipe (Originally printed in Fresh Living magazine) listed Tasmanian Heritage camembert as their preferred brand, but any good quality camembet will suffice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C Lightly grease a 20cm square cake pan.
- 2Sift flour into a medium bowl. Add butter and rub in using fingertips. Add sage, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- 3Use a knife to stir milk into flour mixture, until you have soft, sticky dough.
- 4Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and press dough into a 2cm thick round and use a floured, 5cm round cutter to cut 16 rounds from dough, re-pressing dough together.
- 5Cut cheese into 16 even pieces. Use a small, sharp knife to make an incision in the side of each scone, and press a piece of cheese into each, re-molding scone to enclose cheese.
- 6Place scones side-by-side in prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary, Sage and Camembert Scones
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves