Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe (Originally printed in Fresh Living magazine) listed Tasmanian Heritage camembert as their preferred brand, but any good quality camembet will suffice.
- Preheat oven to 220°C Lightly grease a 20cm square cake pan.
- Sift flour into a medium bowl. Add butter and rub in using fingertips. Add sage, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Use a knife to stir milk into flour mixture, until you have soft, sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and press dough into a 2cm thick round and use a floured, 5cm round cutter to cut 16 rounds from dough, re-pressing dough together.
- Cut cheese into 16 even pieces. Use a small, sharp knife to make an incision in the side of each scone, and press a piece of cheese into each, re-molding scone to enclose cheese.
- Place scones side-by-side in prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through. Serve immediately.