Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe (Originally printed in Fresh Living magazine) listed Tasmanian Heritage camembert as their preferred brand, but any good quality camembet will suffice.
- Preheat oven to 220°C Lightly grease a 20cm square cake pan.
- Sift flour into a medium bowl. Add butter and rub in using fingertips. Add sage, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Use a knife to stir milk into flour mixture, until you have soft, sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and press dough into a 2cm thick round and use a floured, 5cm round cutter to cut 16 rounds from dough, re-pressing dough together.
- Cut cheese into 16 even pieces. Use a small, sharp knife to make an incision in the side of each scone, and press a piece of cheese into each, re-molding scone to enclose cheese.
- Place scones side-by-side in prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through. Serve immediately.