Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Russ made these for dinner last night. The recipe came off the bag of brussels sprouts he bought, but he modified it quite a bit! Our DIL has been quite ill and miserable so when she requested Brussels sprouts, we both frozen as fresh are out of season. I think this would be even better with fresh. The original recipe used far more bacon, contained spinach and din't have the tomato paste or mustard in it.
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 200 g frozen peas
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons mustard, Russ used a mild american
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- black pepper
- In a medium saucpan over medium heat, cook the diced bacon until crisp, Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, Leave the bacon fat in the saucepan as you'll be using it in a few minutes!.
- Cook the peas and sprouts according to directions and personal preferance for the sprouts!
- Add the diced tomato to the pan and cook a couple of minutes, Add in the mustard, paste and ketchup and stir to heat. Add back in the sprouts, peas and bacon and reheat a couple of minutes. Season with the black pepper and serve.