1/3 Photos of Saffron Tagliarini With Snails, Sorrel, Tomato, Zucchini
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
Farm -raised snails are a burgeoning industry in New South Wales, and this is one way they are served at Lolli Redini, Simonn Hawke's restaurant in Orange. You can buy the fresh pasta--though it's quite simple to make--and cut considerable time off prep. You can also substitute fresh baby spinach for the sorrel, which is hard to find outside of farmers' markets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
To make saffon tagliarini
- 4 eggs
- 2 -2 1/2 cups flour, unbleached
- 6 -8 saffron strands (soaked in a teaspoon of warm water)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the sauce
- 1For the pasta:
- 2Combine ingredients in food processor or large mixer until dough ball forms.
- 3Rest mixed ingredients for half an hour to one hour in the fridge.
- 4Roll out through pasta machine to make thin, silky sheets then put through the machine at a tagliarini setting (or roll out by hand into a thin sheet and then cut noodles using a pizza cutter).
- 5Hang to dry over a broom handle; while still soft, curl into loose nests.
- 6For the sauce:.
- 7Clean and slice zucchini into strips.
- 8Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- 9Sauté strips of zucchini in olive oil with cherry tomatoes and crushed garlic over medium heat until vegetables soften.
- 10Add the snails and sorrel and season to taste, adding lemon zest and cooking till sorrel is softened and snails are heated through.
- 11Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add the pasta and cook for one to two minutes (or until al dente--if you are using freshly pasta, it will cook very quickly). Drain and toss with the snails and sorrel sauce.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Tagliarini With Snails, Sorrel, Tomato, Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 84.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of