Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is tasty with new seasons asparagus. Although it looks a bit complicated, it is the whole meal.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until almost tender.
- Drain and slice thinly.
- Transfer to a bowl and add half the butter and salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on 1 of the lined trays.
- Season the chicken well, heat the oil in a large pan and cook over a medium heat until well browned.
- Transfer to the other tray.
- Place the 2 trays in the oven-potatoes on the top shelf-and roast for 25 minutes.
- 3 minutes before the end of cooking, scatter the sage leaves over the chicken.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter,in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and the garlic and cook, turning often for 3 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- To serve, arrange the potato slices, then the chicken on serving plates and serve with the asparagus.
I made this last year at the end of asparagus season and it was fantastic. Then all the asparagus and sage disappeared. We're going to make this again and again this year. It's got that savoury flavour you can only get from sage. We cut back on the butter olive oil quite a bit and it was still fine, you just have to watch it.