1/1 Photo of Salmon and Brie Pie
Russ and I bought individual ones of these in Tasmania. This is my attempt to recreate them (and I think I got them better than right). I made 1 pie in an 8 inch pie dish using pre rolled sheets of short crust (which is how we get it in Australia).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 200 g brie cheese, cut into small wedges
- 300 g smoked salmon (I used chunky off-cuts)
- 2 green onions, green ends only, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- milk, to glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 200c.
- 2Lay 1 sheet of pastry in pie dish, prick with a fork, cover with baking paper and then pour over a layer of dried beans, rice or lentils and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. Remove, remove the foil and filling (and discard or save for your next pie.).
- 3Meanwhile, melt the butter, add the diced onion and cook until softened but not coloured. Add the flour and cook, stirring for about a minute. Add the milk and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- 4Remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice, salmon, brie, green onion, dill leaves and pepper (I tasted here and found it didn't need any salt).
- 5Brush a little milk around the edge of the pastry bottom, pop on the top and trim to fit your pie dish. Brush more milk across the top. Prick a few holes in the top pastry to allow steam to escape.
- 6Cook for 10 minutes at 200c then reduce the oven temp to 180c and cook a further 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7We ate ours served with a leafy grean salad dressed with lemon infused olive oil and white wine vinegar.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Brie Pie
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.2
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 1442.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: