bluemoon downunder's Note:
A great appetiser which can be made a day ahead of when you want to serve them, wrapped in foil and reheated when you're ready to serve them. Adapted from a recipe in the Australian magazine 'New Idea'. If you are serving these at a family gathering, most children would probably enjoy these minus the sour cream and smoked salmon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 420 g corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, chopped
- 200 g smoked salmon
- fresh dill, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick; add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until both have softened; reserve 1 tablespoon of the onion and garlic mixture for topping; place the remaining onion and garlic in a large bowl and add the corn kernels, flour, eggs and dill; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 2Heat a large oiled, non-stick pan over a medium heat; spoon tablespoons of the corn mixture into the pan and repeat to make 5 fritters; cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the fritters are golden and cooked through; remove the fritters and drain them on absorbent paper and cover them to keep them warm; repeat with the remaining corn mixture.
- 3Combine the sour cream, capers and reserved onion and garlic in a small bowl.
- 4TO SERVE: divide the sour cream mixture evenly among the fritters, top with the smoked salmon and garnish with the fresh dill.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Corn Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g