Another wonderful find in my Dairy Australia cookbook. Simple and yet wonderful for a hot summer's day.
- 750 g chat potatoes
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 100 g smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes until just tender. When potatoes are just tender add the snowpeas to saucepan and cook for just 1 minute and immediatley drain under cold running water. Allow to mix to cool.
- Halve the potatoes and arrange in a serving bowl with snowpeas, salmon and capsicum .
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, rind and poppy seeds, season to taste and drizzle over salad.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Delicious! I got salmon on sale, so used double the amount and had to use red capsicum. This was so simple and tasty I'd like to eat it again tomorrow night. After taking my photo, I added in an avocado that needed using. I laso think asparagus would be great in it too. Thanks for posting the recipe Tis.
Made this last week and enjoyed the glorious flavors using steamed rice as an accompaniement..... declicious!!