This came from TOH. DH loves this recipe. Actually it is 2 recipes, salmon and sauce. I have frozen the patties, uncooked. I have also used leftover salmon instead of canned. This goes great with a raisin pilaf and the one I use has a matching oven temperature of 375 degrees.
- 2⁄3 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups canned salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces pimientos, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and start your water boiling for step 6.
- In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, milk, eggs, butter, onion, garlic salt, pepper, and salmon.
- Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Place four greased 8 ounce custard cups in a 11 X 7 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Fill cups with salmon mixture; gently press down with a spoon until flattened.
- Fill baking dish with boiling water to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- For cheese sauce: in a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for one minute or until thickened.
- Add cheese, pimentos, salt, garlic, and pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour over salmon.