Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from TOH. DH loves this recipe. Actually it is 2 recipes, salmon and sauce. I have frozen the patties, uncooked. I have also used leftover salmon instead of canned. This goes great with a raisin pilaf and the one I use has a matching oven temperature of 375 degrees.
- 2⁄3 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups canned salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces pimientos, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and start your water boiling for step 6.
- In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, milk, eggs, butter, onion, garlic salt, pepper, and salmon.
- Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Place four greased 8 ounce custard cups in a 11 X 7 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Fill cups with salmon mixture; gently press down with a spoon until flattened.
- Fill baking dish with boiling water to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- For cheese sauce: in a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for one minute or until thickened.
- Add cheese, pimentos, salt, garlic, and pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour over salmon.
These were easy to make and very tasty and Great flavors! I felt that the cheese sauce was way too heavy for my taste but a Great flavors as will! I use Cavender's brand Greek seasoning over Jasmine rice. My family likes this dish because it's a different way to enjoy the bounty of fish. Two sauces?one rich, warm and cheesy, and the other light, cool and refreshing?complement the salmon nicely. Couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out. Yes I made a few alterations, I can't leave anything alone! I have to play with my food. I did adjusted to my personal taste. Everyone liked it--I used leftover Salmon to make it. One daughter commented that she liked it better than the salmon that was served to her at 5-Star at a NY. Resturant this is a better flavor, than that just plain salmon she was served. My family Thank You for a Absolutely Delicious Recipe! Made for PRMR 2013 Thank You....Grpa <br/>I cant do 7 Stars here. Sorry I will definitely make this again and put it in my recipe box to do
first of all, i have to admit that i love salmon. but just have never put cheese with it before. i did this dish for my family. they all liked it, thumbs up from all of them. thanks for the tasty and great recipe, thanks wigal.
Thumbs up from the husband on this one. It was truly delicious. I used fresh salmon in place of the canned. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)