1/1 Photo of Salmon Mousse
2 hrs 20 mins
got this from Australia's greatest cook, Margaret Fulton, my mentor :) Great luncheon dish, or entree, also great for a party, served with crackers. I have made this as individual serves, (muffin size, using paper cups, great for picnics) and in a ring mould, putting the sauce in the centre. I sometimes add a few slices of smoked salmon, when it is on special :) cook time is refridgeration time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (wine or white or balsamic or mix)
- 2 cups flaked salmon, no bones (415gr)
- 1 cup finely diced celery (dont process!)
- 2 teaspoons capers (optional)
- 300 ml cream, whipped
SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 1Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small saucepan.
- 2Soak 2 minutes.
- 3Add salt, sugar, mustard and vinegar.
- 4Stir constanly over low heat until gelatine in dissolved.
- 5Remove from heat and chill till the consistency of egg white, don't over chill!
- 6Add to salmon, capers and celery, mix well.
- 7Fold in the whipped cream.
- 8Turn into wetted mould, or individual moulds, and chill till set.
- 9Unmould and serve with salad greens and sour cream dressing.
- 10Mix all dressing ingredients together and chill.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 627.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: