Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These Salmon Rissoles are a good standby when unexpected visitors drop by around about dinner time as most of us have a can of slamon in our pantries.
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon
- 1 small onion, finely grated (use juice and pulp)
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery (optional)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (or dry mashed potato mix)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter (you may need a tad more butter for frying)
- Turn salmon and liquid into a medium mixing bowl.
- Flake with a fork, removing OR mashing any bones (they are edible).
- Mix in grated onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix beaten eggs into salmon mixture.
- Add enough bread crumbs, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, to make the salmon mixture thick enough to shape into 12 small patties.
- Roll patties in 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- In a large heavy skillet over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter; add patties.
- Fry patties slowly on one side; add remaining butter, turn patties and fry until brown on the other side.
- Serve with either a salad or steam vegetales.
My husband suggested I make something different this Friday, so followed the recipe as written. The texture was lovely, crisy outside and tender inside, but I thought the flavor was a little bland. I will make it again, but I think I'll add a little dijon mustard to the mix for a little zip. It was a nice balance with the roasted garlic mashed potatoes and salad
I love this recipe! My husband and two young sons can't get enough of it either. I've made them twice now, once with canned salmon and once with fresh. It was great both times although I found you need more bread crumbs with the canned salmon. I omitted the celery due to an allergy but otherwise made them as written. Our families new favourite!
Very flavorful! This beats fish sticks from the box any day of the week. And so easy to make as well. This has taken place of frozen fish sticks night! Thank you for something tastey and easy!