1/4 Photos of Salmon Steak With Strawberry Sauce
Peter J's Note:
Last week I went to a place called 'The Salmon Shop' and came back heavily loaded, I'm determined to eat all the 30 salmon cutlets in a different way! This is an original recipe I came up with, note the amount of chili and pepper gives quite a spicy result, some might like to reduce the quantity.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1Crush strawberries in a mortar & pestle. Don't go overboard because the sauce looks nicer with a thick texture.
- 2Mix all ingredients except salmon, oil and garlic well in a bowl and place in refrigerator (can be done ahead of time).
- 3Cook Salmon on a BBQ or grill. I used a medium BBQ plate for around seven minutes a side.
- 4Place garic and olive oil in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- 5Lightly sautee garlic for five minutes.
- 6Add the sauce mix to saucepan.
- 7Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't let the sauce boil hard, just simmer.
- 8Once the fish is cooked plate up and pour over the sauce.
- 9Serve with fresh salad and/or light vegetables.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Steak With Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.4
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 590.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: