Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy recipe. Great served with some simple steamed veges For a gluten-free meal- be sure to use gluten-free ingredients
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of and finely grated zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (ensure gluten-free if required)
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frypan or skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the salmon and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until barely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, Mix the cornstarch and water to a paste, set aside.
- Using a small saucepan, bring the cream and the milk to the boil. Thicken with some or all of the cornstarch paste, whisking constantly. Stir in the lemon juice, finely grated zest, mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon drizzled with the lemon mustard sauce. Sprinkle with parsley to garnish.
Delicious salmon with a tangy cream sauce, I only made 1/2 the amount of sauce and only ended up using about 1/4 of it so will cut back on that a fair bit next time but then we don't like to drown our food in sauce just enough to enhance the food. Thank you **Jubes**, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #57 October 2011.
Totally delicious! My children love it over salmon and also good with my mum's salmon pie!