1/1 Photo of Salmon With Fennel and Cognac Sauce
Peter J's Note:
An original recipe I came up with that turned out well. At first I thought the sauce was a little bit thin but it turned out to make a nice dipping sauce for the salmon and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic, fennel seeds and leek and gently saute for around 5 minutes.
- 3Add yoghurt and lemon juice, mix well, and return to heat.
- 4Reduce temperature a little and cook around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to boil gently.
- 5Remove from heat, add the cognac, season with pepper, stir well and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 6Cook Salmon on a BBQ or grill. I used a medium BBQ plate for around seven minutes a side.
- 7Once the fish is cooked plate up, stir the sauce and pour over the salmon.
- 8Garnish with parsley.
- 9Serve with fresh salad and/or light vegetables.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Fennel and Cognac Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.6 mg
- Sodium 270.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 56.2 g