Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy Salmon for your BBQ served with Mango Dressing
Make and share this Salmon With Mango Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large mango
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, plus
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- Preheat grill (broiler) or bbq grill (hotplate) to medium-high.
- Drizzle lime juice over salmon and then coat with ground pepper.
- Brush pan or grill with oil, grill salmon for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To make dressing, peel the mango, chop and place in food processor with all the yoghurt, mustard, lemon juice and mint and process until smooth.
- Drizzle over salmon.
Yum Jewelies, really enjoyed this one! I couldn't get fresh mango so used a 425g tin of mango, I slowly added the juice to the food processor and tasted along the way and found about half the juice from the tin was to my liking. I really enjoyed the fresh mint taste, however some not so keen on it might like to add smaller amounts and taste along the way.
Very yummy, simple but different way to serve salmon. My mango wasn't very sweet at all, so I added a spoonful of sugar. It still was a bit too tangy for me ... I think it could be the brand of yogurt I used. I also used coriander/cilantro instead of mint. I think it would be better with mint, as written. All up, a really lovely meal.
This is an easy, slightly different way to prepare salmon, one of our favorite foods. I used frozen mango chunks, so wasn't sure exactly how much = 1 mango, but I took my best shot at it. I made this exactly as directed, except that I added just a bit of garam marsala to the sauce, and used lemon instead of lime on the fish, as my lime was too old. The sauce makes a ton. I think when I make this next time, I will cut the sauce recipe in half.