1/2 Photos of Salmon With Saffron Cream Sauce
Peter J's Note:
A variant on a recipe I found in a magazine. I was a little disappointed in the original version because the time spent versus the end result wasn't worth it. I think this was nicer and much, much quicker - so try and see if you agree ;-).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Evenly spread saffron threads at the bottom of a small glass and top with 1 teaspoon of water.
- 2Place into a microwave oven towards the edge of the carousel with 200ml of water in a large glass at the opposite edge.
- 3Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 4WARNING - the water may be superheated - allow to rest 5 minutes before touching either glass.
- 5Remove the small glass and transfer the saffron / remaining liquid to a small mixing bowl (or for a single serve just leave in the glass).
- 6Mix through sour cream, lime juice and chopped chives mixing well and place in refrigerator while salmon cooks.
- 7Rub olive oil over the salmon and sprinkle with pepper.
- 8Cooking using your preferred techique, I grilled them on a BBQ plate over medium heat for about 7 minutes a side.
- 9Spread (it is quite thick) mixture over the salmon and serve with your favourite salads and side-dishes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Saffron Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 213.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 51.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: