I've used this salt and pepper mix on fish, calamari and even chicken. It's yummy.
Make and share this Salt and Pepper Prawns with Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 750 g medium green king prawns, shelled and cleaned leaving tails intact
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small fresh red chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- For dipping sauce, combine sugar and vinegar in a small frying pan and stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, then add reamaining sauce ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dry roast pepper and peppercorns in a small pan over low medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant, then cool.
- Grind roasted peppers, salt and rice flour until coarsely ground.
- Place prawns in bowl and sprinkle with pepper mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in wok and fry prawns in batches for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve prawns immediately with dipping sauce and lime wedges to the side.
Wow! The pepper mix really carried through the frying and formed a great crust. The dipping sauce was wonderful as well. Only change I made was I didn't have fresh limes so used a little less bottled lime juice because it always seems to be a fraction stronger.
This recipe was the Bomb!! I frequently go to PF Changs for thier Salt And Pepper Prawns, this was just as good or better!!! Many thanks I will be making this often!!!!
These were terrific, crunchy tasty and so easy to do. I used medium tiger prawns for this recipe and followed the recipe to a tee. The dipping sauce was really good too, though my chilli was not small but the heat was just right for us. Will be doing this recipe quite often from now on.