I've used this salt and pepper mix on fish, calamari and even chicken. It's yummy.
Make and share this Salt and Pepper Prawns with Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 750 g medium green king prawns, shelled and cleaned leaving tails intact
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small fresh red chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- For dipping sauce, combine sugar and vinegar in a small frying pan and stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, then add reamaining sauce ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dry roast pepper and peppercorns in a small pan over low medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant, then cool.
- Grind roasted peppers, salt and rice flour until coarsely ground.
- Place prawns in bowl and sprinkle with pepper mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in wok and fry prawns in batches for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve prawns immediately with dipping sauce and lime wedges to the side.