1/1 Photo of Salt and Pepper Prawns with Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce
I've used this salt and pepper mix on fish, calamari and even chicken. It's yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 750 g medium green king prawns, shelled and cleaned leaving tails intact
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 1For dipping sauce, combine sugar and vinegar in a small frying pan and stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Cool, then add reamaining sauce ingredients.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Dry roast pepper and peppercorns in a small pan over low medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant, then cool.
- 5Grind roasted peppers, salt and rice flour until coarsely ground.
- 6Place prawns in bowl and sprinkle with pepper mixture to coat.
- 7Heat oil in wok and fry prawns in batches for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- 8Drain on absorbent paper.
- 9Serve prawns immediately with dipping sauce and lime wedges to the side.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Pepper Prawns with Lime and Chilli Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.4
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 285.0 mg
- Sodium 1449.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g