1/4 Photos of Salt and Pepper Squid or Calamari With Cucumber Salad
Chef floWer's Note:
This dish could also be used with calamari. I have been looking for a squid/calamari dish that does not have Szechuan pepper as I am unable to find it. This recipe comes from The Australian Womans Weekly Simply Seafood book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g squid, cleaned hoods only
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1Cut squid hoods along one side and open out. Using a small sharp knife, score inside of hoods in a diagonal pattern, without cutting all the way through. This will allow the squid to curl during cooking. Cut each squid hood into eight pieces.
- 2Sprinkle squid with combined pepper, salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- 3Heat oil in wok or large frying pan, stir-fry squid in batches until curled and just cooked through. Serve squid with cucumber salad.
- 4Cucumber Salad: Combine cucumber, onion, tomato, nuts and mint in medium bowl. Add combined vinegar and oil, toss to combine.
You Might Also Like...View All Octopus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt and Pepper Squid or Calamari With Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 291.7 mg
- Sodium 798.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning