Always wanted to know how to make a salt baked fish? So did I...tried out quite a few recipes, and loved this one from Donna Hay's "flavours" cookbook. It is essential that your fish is FRESH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220C).
- 2Wash fish and pat dry.
- 3Sprinkle the inside cavities of the fish well with pepper, lemon juice and the parsley sprigs.
- 4Spread two baking trays with half the salt.
- 5Place the fish on the baking trays and cover with the remaining salt.
- 6Press the salt firmly around the fish and sprinkle a little bit of water.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes, then allow the fish to rest on the trays for another 5 minutes.
- 8To serve, remove the salt in large pieces, and place the fish on serving plates.
- 9Serve with salad and lemon wedge.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salt Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: