Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A quick food processor cake that's great for dessert.
Make and share this Sarah's Lemon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat your oven to 160c.
- Line an 18cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Zest and juice the first lemon.
- pulverise zest with sugar in a food processor.
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder and add with butter and eggs to food processor.
- Process'til smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, then smooth top and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- To make the syrup, mix the sugar and lemon juice.
- Turn the hot cake out onto a serving dish and spoon the syrup over.
- Leave to cool and serve with thick cream.
Do you believe in fate? My daughter, whose name is Sara, requested a lemon cake for dessert for Friday night dessert. Sarah's Lemon Cake showed up in the list of new recipes on Friday afternoon. This cake was meant to be! It was delightfully lemony, and does not make a huge amount, so every crumb was devoured by our 6 member family. I don't have a scale to measure the ingredients, but do have a very handy measuring cup that has the various weight measurements printed on the side, for flour, sugar, salt, etc. Thanks, Jan! BTW, I'm renaming this cake after my daughter Sara, hope you don't mind me losing the H ;-)
I love a good food processor recipe and this worked perfectly and was so quick. It did cook in half the given time in my oven but it is fan forced and a warm oven always. Next time I will double the sauce - it always vanishes quickly and for me, it is the best bit !!
This recipe is fantastic - very lemony and moist. It has been well-liked by everyone who has tried it. I reduced the amount of sugar in the syrup to 100g and increased the lemon juice to two lemons as I really like the lemony zing!