1/4 Photos of Sara's Shepherds Pie
Sara 76's Note:
I love making this. It's such a nice winter meal, and it's so easy and quick, and best of all..so economical!! Growing up, Mum made shepherds pie almost weekly. Over the years I have altered it, and this is the way my family enjoys it now. We don't serve this with anything, except maybe a nice bread roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Cook onions untiil tender, add beef and carrots.
- 2Stir in gravy powder, garlic, pepper, and herbs.
- 3Add enough water to just cover the meat mixture, stir, cover, and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- 5Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain, and mashe with butter and milk.
- 6Using electric beaters, beat eggs into potato until creamy.
- 7Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish.
- 8Top with mashed potatoes. You can spoon the potatoes on, or if you want a nicer presentation and you have the time, pipe on with a piping bag.
- 9Top with grated cheese, and bake at 180C for around 30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and just started to brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sara's Shepherds Pie
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.0
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 204.4 mg
- Sodium 375.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: