Prep 12 hrs
Cook 10 mins
An easy to make Peanut Satay sauce
Make and share this Satay Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 125 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in a plastic bag, allowing to marinate overnight.
- BBQ each side flipping after 3 minutes and remarinating in between.
- Boil the left over marinade on a medium simmer until thick.
I made this for Pick-A-Chef 2009, and it was absolutely delicious. I followed the instructions exactly, except that I used an indoor grill pan. The sauce was creamy and rich, but I accidently let it get too thick. This was easily remedied by adding more stock. The spices were just right for me (not too hot), and the dish was perfect served over basmati rice. Loved it! :-)