Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice strong sauce that goes well with barbecued lamb cutlets.
Make and share this Sauce for BBQ Lamb Cutlets recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add tomato paste, worcestershire, vinegar, rosemary, pepper and sugar.
- Bring to boil over medium heat stirring often.
- Mix chicken stock and cornflour then add to saucepan.
- Simmer for around 15 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit 5-10 minutes before serving over top of lamb.
We loved this sauce! It is sweet and perfectly counterbalanced the spice rub I used on our baby back ribs. I found that the sauce thickened enough without adding in the cornflour.
Enjoyed by myself, DM and DS (DH declined even though I had cut the onion chunky for him to remove). There was a general consensus it was a bit too strong in the tomato paste (possibly cut back to 50 or 75 grams). I had to use 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary (DS had thrown out my dried rosemary - the autism in him), otherwise made to recipe. Will try it again with modifications to suit. Made for Recipe Swap #2.